Friday, August 22, 2014

Gone Crackers




It's muggy out here.  And why wouldn't it be?  Warm temperatures, ocean moisture, and occasional cloudbursts.  So today a entrepreneurial idea hit me. Quite by accident, but I think it's got some potential to make a few bucks and I want to research it more.  Let me preface by saying I've not seen one de-humidifier here in my travels.  You would think that odd noting again the muggy atmosphere.  Everything feels damp in the morning, even the fresh underwear feel like yesterday's or the day before, so you're always feeling a little moist. The solution? Crackers..........yup, plain old crackers. I left a small stack of them beside my bedside table and the next morning they were soggy and had to be peeled off the wood.  The air in our room was crisp and dry, as we're the sheets and the new days underwear!  It didn't take me long to put one and one together.  I believe this could be the jackpot, my ship has come in.  I'm asking you dear readers to keep this under wraps.  I'm accepting partnership proposals so feel free to send a check.

I've gotten used to many of the local customs, but I've yet to adopt the "Please place used toilet paper in the waste basket supplied" concept.  I'm guessing the plumbing here is bad and won't take both the deposit plus the cleaning supplies immediately after.   In North America we're accustomed for our machinery to accept it all, the main deposit, a full ream of pillowy soft 7 ply, plus the broccoli grandma made, and whatever other unnecessary treasures you've found in your pocket.  I don't wanna gross you out, but you need to know this. It caught me by surprise, and I'll come clean and admit I haven't abided by this water closet law.  For those of you brave enough however, most places, including hotels, do supply a little trigger pressure washer next to the throne to assist in the cleansing either before or after, whatever your preference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment