Friday, August 8, 2014

Arrival

We've arrived.  Anyway you slice it, flying still sucks. I don't get why people get a kick out of it, but each to his or her own I suppose.  I've gone on long enough in the past about the experience so I'll save you from nattering about it more.  I do however want to warn people about flying into or stopping over at LAX (Los Angeles for those that still haven't gotten out of Spuzzum).  I don't think this airport sleeps.  It's a zoo, and smells about as bad as one too. The air in the terminal is stale and the only breeze you'll encounter is from the family of five running past you on their way to the bathroom after a stop at Homey Burger for a heart stopper meal that just cost dad half a mortgage payment.

My travelling companions are sadly not as smart as I hoped.  Marion forgot her passport in the processing machine and had to jump the line-up in reverse to retrieve it. The American border security wasn't impressed.  I'm surprised she wasn't shot.  Andria reluctantly paid $7.00 for a glass of wine on the airplane she insisted should have been complimentary.  I'm surprised she wasn't tossed out above Texas.  However I'm thankful to both for finding my glasses I thought I had sadly lost.  They were on my forehead......

Our trusty Chris met us at the Recife arrivals on time and with a smile. He whisked us away in the Doblo and had us at our rooms in good time.  Our accommodations are comfy and inviting. We lack nothing!  We wasted no time in getting to work. After a quick nap, shower, and lunch  we met for our first of many meetings with Pastor Julius and mission aid workers Chris & Shaun.  We met to discuss the work being done and the cooperation between all involved.  The evening brings on a spirited game of soccer and some appys on the BBQ.  And now for some much needed sleep....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update, Sounds like you're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete